Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Fat Man Etchings




So this is the beginning of my "Fat Man" etching/drawing/engraving with "history" series. I left work a little earlier yesterday to meet my friend Mariesa who is doing an independent animation course at Camosun. She showed me her wonderful story board about the interaction of a little boy and a girls shadow. The story evolves around the shadow which I thought was such an interesting concept. We took photos of my etchings and played them on the computer at 30 frames per second, then at 15f/s. It was so cool, my first animation, but it went a little fast, and then too slow, so then tried it at 6 frames per drawing (.6 of a sec.) instead of 2 (1/4 of a sec) and it worked much better. I still have lots and lots of etching to do - It is exciting. On the 25th October Camosun showcases some exciting animation and Gregory Ball, the etching lecturer from Nanaimo will be there too. Last year there was representation from Mexico and South America as well. Then Mariesa and I went for a cup of coffee in celebration of her birthday -Happy Birthday for today Mariesa and thanks so much for your time in the animation studio!

No comments: